It’s easy to get caught up in what we are doing, isn’t it? This week’s episode is designed to help you lift out of the daily grind and celebrate your “champagne moment” successes. Whether finally hitting send on a big proposal, getting great feedback from a colleague or client, or finally seeing that passion project come to life, it’s important to carve out time to celebrate. These celebrations can take many different shapes and sizes. The tips offered in today’s show are designed to help you integrate celebrations into your way of doing business and living your life. Because taking time to appreciate and bask in what we have done is a critical step in keeping on doing. This week’s episode is perfect for anyone looking for new ideas about how to high five what’s going well and even for figuring out how to identify these milestones in the first place.
Don’t forget to join the giveaway celebration this week!
Annie Dilliard wrote this in The Writing Life – “How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives. What we do with this hour, and that one, is what we are doing.” It can be compelling to stay heads down, to go-go-go-go, but a life sent simply going ends up tiring us out. Or worse leading to burn out. The following tips are aimed at helping keep you focused not just on achieving progress, but enjoying yourself along the way.
8 Tips for How to Celebrate Your Champagne Moments
1. Let your focus determine your champagne moments
2. Design a celebration to suit you
- How often do you create something that really is just about what you want?
- How many people do you want to be there? What venue do you see yourself in? What kind of experience are you creating?
- What would build your energy (verse draining it)?
3. Design a celebration that takes no effort
- What could I do right now to celebrate this success?
4. Celebrate by thanking others (e.g. run a Thank You Campaign)
- What makes my success possible?
- Who makes my success possible?
- What gesture would show how much I appreciate the help?
5. Celebrate with new learning
- Growth Mindset (e.g. there is more to learn) vs. Fixed Mindset (e.g. I know everything I need to know)
- What am I curious about?
- What investment in my own development have I been putting off that could make all the difference?
- What kind of learning format would suit my lifestyle right now?
6. Celebrate with the gift of time
- What would I love to do, if only I had the time to do it?
- How much time could I gift myself this day?
7. Set Champagne Moment in advance to motivate action
- Imagine yourself really seeing the celebration happening now.
- What does it look like?
- What actions can you take today to propel you forward?
8. Leave room for surprise Champagne Moments