In Episode 2 of Design Yourself, Sharon discusses the importance of getting started. Career moves, life adventures, and creative projects can only begin from one place – the one you are in. The theme for today is: Stop waiting + start doing. Listen to hear some Sharon’s favorite tips for how to get over the delay game and start getting the job done.
- Eric Smucker of Smucker Farms is the visionary urban farmer and CSA pioneer who said yes to my podcast interview back in 2013. Fingers crossed I can get him on the show now that it exists.
- Here are the Erin Condren planners that my sister and I were using to capture our 2016 goals and intentions. I’ve had fun using my planner this year, though ultimately think I prefer something a little slimmer and more likely to make it into my purse on a daily basis. (I hate to be weighed down!) I recently picked up one of Appointed’s planners for my husband that I’m loving – and not just because he’s suddenly using a planner. (Though I’m not complaining about that either…)
- Paul Jarvis is the superfabulous dude who finally kicked me into gear on launching Design Yourself. I love his podcast The Freelancer and his weekly newsletter the Sunday Dispatch. The book of his that I quote from is Everything I Know.
- Registered Creative is the group of web development creatives that helped make this new website (circa Fall 2016) possible. Woot!
- Brené Brown is awesome. Here’s her TED talk on The Power of Vulnerability that I referenced. She has several books that I’d recommend, including The Gifts of Imperfection, Daring Greatly, and her latest release Rising Strong.
- Podcast Like A Boss was the helpful online course that I took right before launching Design Yourself. In addition to learning from Paul Jarvis (who inspired me to take the class), this course offered up insight from Paul’s Invisible Office Hours cohost, Jason Zook, as well as the ladies behind the Being Boss podcast, Kathleen Shannon and Emily Thompson.