You know what’s not possible? Being perfect. But man does it still have a magnetic force that draws us towards it. In today’s episode Sharon shares some of her favorite resources for countering this pull as she discusses how to embrace imperfection. You’ll learn also about some of the many imperfect things Sharon’s experiencing right now (hint: it involves a lot of home renovations) and get a sneak peak into the launch of the new pointroadstudios.com which goes live at the end of this week. Enjoy!
None of us are perfect. We are human. Perfectly imperfect in our humanness. And even though we can “know” this intellectually, it’s still hard to accept.
ADVICE FOR EMBRACING YOUR OWN IMPERFECTION:
- Choose your focus for this season
- Do C-level work
- Get better with time
- See the gifts in your vulnerability
- Learn from the missteps
Resources and Links:
- Brene Brown’s TED Talk on The Power of Vulnerability and her book The Gifts of Imperfection
- Interest in learning more about how multitasking doesn’t exist? I love this podcast episode from Note to Self.
- Two podcast episodes that I referenced take a different lens into this same topic: 1) Fail Forward! 2) You Just Have To Start