This week we are celebrating the 4th birthday of Point Road Studios with the launch of our new website (www.pointroadstudios.com) and some reflections on key lessons learned in our first 4 years. Come reminisce and learn with Sharon as she reflects on topics like quitting your day job, demanding your worth, taking a stand, and more.
Celebrating our 4th birthday at Point Road this past week was a real milestone. There is something about 4 years that feels a little like a “graduation.” I took the time to pause and reflect on some of my key lessons learned. Hope you will enjoy!
10 Lessons Learned from My First 4 Years as an Entrepreneur
- Quitting Can Be A Great Start
- Entrepreneurship Can Meet Your Professional AND Personal Goals
- Build Your Energy as You Go
- Identify Your Ideal Client
- Demand Your Worth (!)
- Boundaries are Expansive (Not Limiting)
- Don’t Go It Alone
- Stand for Something
- Change is the Only Constant
Resources and Links:
- Louis Barajas is the financial planner with a holistic approach that I referenced in insight number 2 Entrepreneurship Can Meet Your Professional AND Personal Goals. I first got to know his work through the book Small Business, Big Life.
- The Go Beyond coloring + activity book for adults was one of my most impactful experiments.