Ever found yourself in a place where your head keeps spinning on the same question (or set of questions)? But no matter how much energy you expend thinking about it, you just can’t seem to come to a confident conclusion? You are not alone. We often get stuck on “unanswerable questions” because they are rooted in a way of seeing the problem that is limiting our ability to move forward. In today’s episode, Sharon shares a simple process for moving from question to action. Learn what it means to “live in the question” and why this practice is powerful for helping us shift from stuck to transformation.
Let us all remember to be in the practice of resilience together.
resilience, noun: 1. the ability of a substance or object to spring back into shape; 2. the capacity to recover quickly from difficulties; toughness
Process for Living in the Question
- Write down the unknowable questions
- Capture the questions underneath each question
- Probe Deeper
- Gather information
- Watch your questions evolve
- Give yourself grace
Insights on why this process works
- It makes big, important questions more accessible
- It promotes a growth mindset
- It empowers you with actionable steps
Resources and Links:
- Here is my recent podcast on grief that I reference in today’s show.
- Here is the Jimmy Kimmel clip I mention that brings a spirit of humor to the grief that half of the country is feeling in the wake of the election.