This week Sharon offers up a 10 Step Guide to Creative Living. If you are already jamming on all the ways that you need to be creative, awesome! But if you are like a lot of us and need a little kickstart to your creativity, this week’s episode is for you. Explore options for how to choose creativity over consumption (take a walk!), learn the difference between copying and appropriating (mindset!), discover some of Sharon’s go-to resources to kick a creative slump to the the curb (books! recipes! friends!) and more. This is a great episode for anyone who wants a reminder about just how much potential for awesomeness is sitting right there inside of you. Go ahead and let your inner kid run wild.
“To be alive is to have the potential for creativity.” – Sharon Lipovsky
10 Step Guide to Creative Living
- Choose creativity over consumption
- Be generative not derivative
- Appropriate at will
- Don’t wait for the muse
- Create to solve your own problems
- Create to feed your body
- Create to feed your soul.
- Embrace constraints
- Remember suffering is not helpful
- Say yes to play + no to judgement
Resources and Links
- You can sign up for the You Can Design Yourself webinar series here. Be sure to sign up for all three dates (October 17, November 7 and December 5).
- Morgan West
- A Creative DC
- Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Baby Name Wizard by Laura Wattenberg
- Creative Block: Get Unstuck, Discover New Ideas. Advice & Projects from 50 Successful Artists by Danielle Krysa
- Pick Me Up: A Pep Talk for Now & Later by Adam j. Kurtz