This week’s episode introduces our March theme, Center. After a hard-driving February, Sharon was ready to return to her own center. If you’ve ever found yourself working hard to achieve a goal that your own sense of wellbeing takes a backseat, perhaps you can relate. Learn how the Altitude Summit, a conference for creatives in Palm Springs, helped kickstart Sharon’s own centering practice and 5 simple ways that you can find your own center every day. Sharon shares her favorite meditations tools, talks about the power of being thankful and tipping generously, asks herself (and you!) what wicked problem are we trying to solve and more. This is a great episode for anyone wanting to listen to tap into your inner wisdom or regain a sense of wellbeing.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” – Mark Twain
5 Practices to Find Your Center
- Meditate – Create space for listening to your inner being. Commit to meditating for 5-10 minutes a day and see what opens up.
- Give Thanks – Get into a habit of gratitude. Spend a few minutes each day writing down what you are thankful for….apply the yes and structure to it. I am thankful this. Yes AND this. Yes AND this…
- Be Generous – Tip extravagantly. Volunteer your time. Love wholeheartedly – even that person who drives you nuts.
- Get Curious – Let go of being critical. What is the wicked problem you are trying to solve?
- Honor Your Body – Move, drink water, eat well.
Resources and Links
- Meditation App I really like, Insight Timer
- Chanting meditation to remove obstacles from life
- Bowery Bungalow