It is easy to get caught up chasing dreams. Yes, I am an advocate for daring to imagine what you really want and going after it; however, it is equally important to remember that the end goals and outcomes achieved aren’t the only point.
The experience that we have on our way to a particular destination gives us a strong indication of how we will feel when we arrive. Life is not about rushing and pushing ahead to the goal; it is about the practice of setting a vision, leading with intention and acting on purpose. Practice over achievement.
In this week’s podcast, we draw upon the wisdom of Ann Patchett and her 2021 New Yorker piece on How to Practice, discuss the mindset freedoms available to us when we practice, and reflect together on a few questions to bolster a practice of our own.
- What is something that you are practicing right now?
- What is the gift of your practice?
- What gets in the way of your practice?
- Is there anything that you want to release to deepen your practice?
- What will support you in your practice?