Some events seem to call more naturally for a celebration – birthdays, graduations, major events in our lives. But there is a huge opportunity to bring the celebratory spirit to those things in our life that no one is measuring or observing. Today’s episode looks at 4 simple tips for how to bring the spirit of celebration into the things you are working for in your life that might be unseen or unnoticed by the casual observer. Why bother doing this? Work is great for getting to goals AND celebration is great for replenishing our energy to keep working hard. You get to decide what a celebration looks like for you, but I’m here to remind you that you’ve got to make sure you are doing so. Enjoy!
Today’s episode really pushes us to celebrate and to understand that there are a host of opportunities to celebrate BEYOND those moments that are externally placed on us (e.g. report cards, performance reviews, graduations, promotions, etc). The trick is learning how to create and move towards those moments that we choose to celebrate.
Below are the 4 areas that Sharon recommends you explore as you move into this celebration practice.
- Understand the difference between vision, goals, and milestones
- Vision – What do I want? Where am I headed?
- Goals – How will I know when I have reached that place?
- Milestones – What are the little steps along the way that are showing me I’m headed in the right direction?
- Don’t miss your “Champagne Moments”
- Have an accountability partner
- Set and celebrate the small wins